Backend - Sr Developer / Tech Lead - Ruby on Rails
We are looking for a senior Ruby on Rails developer that brings their own ideas to the table. This person must have significant expertise in ROR, as well as be highly detail oriented and self-driven. Furthermore, they must be able to inspire and mentor others when the need arises. We are looking for someone never says “I do not know how”, or “I have never done that before” - rather a person that says how about we try this
- Architecting and designing scalable backend systems
- Integration and development of various microservices
- Creating unit tests using RSpec
- Reviewing other developers code as well as suggesting improvements
- Algorithm development and general optimization
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborating with various stakeholders including QA, DevOps, PMs and other developers
- At Least 2 years solid experience on Ruby on Rails, including at least one start to finish project where you were the lead developer or a primary contributor.
- Solid understanding of deploying and maintaining Rails apps within the AWS environment.
- Ability to set up workers and deploy across multiple instances.
- Git experience, some would say you are a git master.
- If I asked your previous co-workers about you, they would say you were a good team player
6 Months Deliverable:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other software developers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Lead teams of developers in architecting efficient and reusable systems that drive complex applications across the stack
- Create instrumentation, monitoring, and alerting tools to ensure availability/scalability during peak traffic times and implement solutions to maximize uptime
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- A strong drive and sense of ownership of the challenges we take on, coupled with a team-oriented, can-do attitude
- Working knowledge of standard CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis)
- A professional proficiency in English
- A systematic debugging and problem solving methodology
- Minimum of four years of experience with Rails 4/5
- Devops experience (chef/jenkins etc.)
- Understanding of the mobile landscape and how they interact with Restful API’s.
- Have built your own Gem.
- Integration of third party API’s, scraping, heavy data processing.
Engineer.ai is an online platform for building software using AI & a marketplace of teams. Builder takes care of everything from idea to app and CloudOps ensures that your idea stays healthy and operates efficiently in the Cloud.
Engineer.ai’s vision is to be the #1 way to Build Software and ultimately to be the connect between every idea and product; helping everyone who wants to engage in technology without needing to know how to build it.